Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yesterday was tragic..... maybe...

Yesterday my cousin from California came and visited with her two youngest daughters and we were having a good time, but instead of eating right like I was going to I woke up and immediately went to go feed the dogs for the guy I nanny for. Then me and my sister stopped at Taco Bell and got something to eat. Which I guess would kinda count as a breakfast. It was at least a healthy menu item. A veggie cantina bowl. Kinda like Chipotle's rice bowls, but so much cheaper. Anywho, by the time I got home my cousin and her daughters were there and then throughout the rest of the day I(and everyone else) ate crabs and donuts and anything else we fancied. But it was a, eat a little here, eat a little there kinda thing. In terms of eating it was so bad!

When you have family or friends visiting you of course it's gonna be hard to eat right, because you will want to eat with them and it just be fun instead of worrying about what you're eating or how your eating. So, I took the time, and I thought about it. It's okay every now and again to eat like that. It's okay to take a day to enjoy a bunch of crabs with your cousin frequently throughout the day. As long as your eating pattern isn't always like that. Like today, now that they're not here I'm back to eating like normal. Today when I got up I had a little debbie snack cake(I know, not healthy) and a peach. Then later on for lunch I had a really good sandwich and now tonight my mom is making her shrimp pasta. All is right in the world.

So, the moral of the story is, if you're dieting and because of something like a family get together, or a cookout, or a party, you happen to fall off the dieting bandwagon, just make sure you get back on it the next day. It won't kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment